2-day course on The Hidden Key to Excel Reporting and Charting to help Managers and Executives create impressive and easy to maintain Dashboard, reports effectively
About the course
The Hidden Key to Excel Reporting and Charting
Creating impressive and easy to maintain reports
- How to use only one single worksheet or source for all your tables and charts?
- How to avoid having to calculate the performance indicators every time the data changes?
- How to have your reports updated instantly when the source is updated?
Who should attend
Managers and Executives who have to prepare monthly, weekly or daily dashboards, balance scorecards, KPI reports using data downloaded from systems. They must know how to format cells, auto-filter, sort, create a simple template and enter simple formulas (e.g. SUM) into the worksheet.
What you’ll learn
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Apply useful built-in functions in Excel to pick up and compute the results automatically
- Advanced skills and techniques to create charts and tables in Excel
- Making use of the special features in Excel to enhance users interactivity with the report
- Prepare impressive reports that get noticed
- Create Charts with 2 x-axis
- Using customized format for the axes, e.g. S$50K
- Summarize and sorting the results with Pivot Charts
- Changing the alignment of the y-axis description
- Creating a 3 dimensions charts using 2 axis
- Presenting the TOP 10 selling products using Pivot Table.
Functions and formulas used
- NESTED IF
- Advanced MS Query
- Dropdown list, etc.
” Provided me with an example of how an effective dashboard should be like.
- Things to avoid
- Things that are beneficial
- Different ways to present data
- Substitute for vlookup formula “
– Chan Wai Chong
” With the help of the dashboard, there is no need to for me to do repetitive generation of reports every month, increases efficiency. At a glance, all the information is provided. Learning how to use the dashboard and complex formulas also make the reports look professional and presentable. “
– Cindy Chang
” Time-saving definitely:-
1. Learnt the use of the new “camera” feature can saves time given the constraint of the size of the columns.
2. Resizing of several charts at the dashboard to standard size is possible with the short cut steps.
3. How to display the data into condensed format in the dashboard.
4. New data can be auto populated to existing data source for presentation.”
– Lina Lee
Jason Khoo is the author of the Excel books, “Excel Secrets for Highly Effective Marketers” and “Hidden Secrets of Data Analysis with Excel”. When working in Tibs, M1, 3M and Virgin Mobile, he used Excel as his primary work tool to support the sales and marketing, operations, finance and strategic planning departments in data cleaning, analysis, budgeting, forecasting and business modeling.
In 2001, Jason founded Synergyworks which has helped companies like Discovery Asia, NATAS, The Nelson Company, Timberland, etc develop Excel solutions to simplify their work in data management, operations, analysis and reporting. Subsequently, everydayExcel Business Lab Pte Ltd was founded in 2007 to primarily provide tailor-made applied Excel courses for managers, executives and frequent Excel users. Focusing on problem solving and the dynamic use of Excel formulas and functions, some of these courses include:
- Hidden Secrets in Data Analysis with Excel 2007/2010
- Interactive Dashboard Reporting with Excel 2007/2010
- Learning the Magic of Macros 2007/2010
No Reviews found for this course.