2-day course to learn Excel Macro (Excel VBA) to automate repetitive excel tasks that you have to carry out on a regular basis
About the course
Excel Macro is a great way to automate excel tasks that you have to carry out on a regular basis. And it is designed for Excel users like you and me. Sign up for this course and find out you can achieve the following:
- How to create your macros without any prior knowledge about programming.
- Edit an existing macro that you have inherited from your predecessor.
- How to compare two worksheets and identify the changes in them?
Who should attend
Managers and Executives who have good working knowledge about Excel and have a need to automate repetitive tasks in Excel.
What you’ll learn
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Edit existing macros
- Create macros on the fly
- Share your macros with other colleagues
- Record and run macros
- Where you can store the macros
- Reading from and writing to cells
- Find values in worksheets
- Adding and counting values using macros
- Referring to different worksheets
- Referring to different workbooks
- The power of Looping in macros
- Creating your own worksheet function
- Protecting your codes
- Sharing your codes as Addins
Exercise to create macros for
- Comparing 2 worksheets results
- Consolidating data from multiple workbooks
- Splitting data into multiple workbooks
“Learned how to setup password and secure existing Macros we use at work – most Macros we use before are open to edits hence unsecure, and someone else outside the team needs to be asked to secure our Macros for us. Learned how to automate the setup, copy-pasting of formula to various reports and transfer entire worksheet and workbook to another, which we previously do manually. Helps a lot in automating tasks we previously do a lot manually at work – granted a good Macro can be created from here.”
– Etchelle Fatima Ladaran
” I have learnt about the macro codes which enable me to modify existing macros and customise for my own use. It also taught me how to debug when I faced errors while running the macro. In addition, I have learnt to create a new macros and it allows me to save time for daily work. “
– Tang Si Qi
” Able to understand in depth what is Macro about. Before the course, it was only the skill of running Macros passed down by colleagues. Have learnt how to record a Macro and edit the program to a new or existing Macro. Very helpful for me to design my own Macro in my workplace where I do alot of repetitive work in Excel. “
– Ray Ching
Jason Khoo is the author of the Excel books, “Excel Secrets for Highly Effective Marketers” and “Hidden Secrets of Data Analysis with Excel”. When working in Tibs, M1, 3M and Virgin Mobile, he used Excel as his primary work tool to support the sales and marketing, operations, finance and strategic planning departments in data cleaning, analysis, budgeting, forecasting and business modeling.
In 2001, Jason founded Synergyworks which has helped companies like Discovery Asia, NATAS, The Nelson Company, Timberland, etc develop Excel solutions to simplify their work in data management, operations, analysis and reporting. Subsequently, everydayExcel Business Lab Pte Ltd was founded in 2007 to primarily provide tailor-made applied Excel courses for managers, executives and frequent Excel users. Focusing on problem solving and the dynamic use of Excel formulas and functions, some of these courses include:
- Hidden Secrets in Data Analysis with Excel 2007/2010
- Interactive Dashboard Reporting with Excel 2007/2010
- Learning the Magic of Macros 2007/2010
No Reviews found for this course.