For Advanced Microsoft Excel user who wish to automate repetitive tasks or simplify more complex tasks using Excel 2010 Macros and Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) programming.
About the course
As Singapore aims to be a leading global accountancy hub for the Asia-Pacific region by 2020, the demand for Accountancy courses/ workshops has since grown significantly.
In tandem with the increasing interest in Accountancy career, it is crucial to formulate foundation course which is robust, henceforth setting a solid platform for subsequent advancement to fundamental and professional course.
Participants will go through lectures, group discussions, Q&A sessions and class exercises.
Who should attend
Inspired individuals who don’t have any previous basic accounting knowledge and/or qualification.
Account assistants/ trainee account executives whom wish to further strengthen on their accounting knowledge so as to provide a good foundation for advancing to executive/ junior accountant related role.
What you’ll learn
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to;
- Develop an understanding of the framework of accounting and the concepts, principles, and procedures that govern how the Financial Statements are prepared.
- Be able to prepare Financial Statements.
- Identify the basic principles used in safeguarding assets and ensuring the accuracy of accounting records.
- Understand the difference between Accrual and Cash basis accounting.
- Appreciate the roles accounting software/ ERP system undertake in gathering, recording and presenting accounting information.
Lesson 1: Introduction to Accounting
- Forms of business organization
- Explain how accounting provides value to the organization and the business community
- Discuss the basic framework and accounting concepts comprising the basic characteristics of accounting information and other disclosure requirements
- Define operating, investing, and financing activities
Lesson 2: Introduction to the system used to record financial transactions
- Basic steps used to record transactions and complete the accounting cycle
- Define accrual accounting concepts
- Define internal controls
Lesson 3: Income Measurement & Accrual Accounting recognition and measurement of revenues and expenses
- Recognition and measurement of revenues and expenses
Lesson 4: Assets
- Cash (include bank reconciliation and control of cash)
- Account Receivables
- Inventory (journal entries under the Periodic versa Perpetual method)
- Property, Plant & Equipment (PPE)
Lesson 5: Liabilities
- Current Liabilities inclusive Account Payables
- Long Term Liabilities
- Interest bearing liabilities (present value illustration)
Lesson 6: Owners’ Equity
- Retained Earnings (Income, Dividends, Asset-Revaluation etc.)
Lesson 7: Statement of Cash Flows
- Purposes and methods (Direct Vs Indirect method)
VTeach Pte Ltd is a Training Organisation providing high quality and interactive hands-on training delivered by an enviable team of qualified, expert and highly experienced trainers. VTeach has been established to address the training needs of both individuals and corporate companies. We believe good foundation is essential in today’s business world.
As a committed training provider, we strive to deliver effective training programmes for a lifelong learning experience to enhance your productivity.
Our Finance Trainers
Mr. Lawrence Poh is a full member of CPA Australia and the Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants (ISCA). He is also a member approved by the Singapore Institute of Accredited Tax Professionals (SIATP). He holds a Master of Accountancy from Victoria University (Australia) and HonoursREAD MORE
degree in Banking & Finance from University of London. Lawrence has more than 16 years of experience in accounting, audit, tax, corporate finance, company secretarial and ERP system implementation & control. He had assumed auditing, finance and accounting positions (Group FM, FC, CFO) in Public Accounting Firm, Ministry and Process & Discrete Manufacturing Companies.
Mr. Manmohan Singh is an Accredited Tax Advisor (GST) of the Singapore Institute of Accredited Tax Professionals. He has directed major client work incorporating GST advisory, due diligence, in-house training, health check, as well as successfully undertaking and completing appeals to the Comptroller of GST. Many clients have benefitted when they received GST refunds after obtaining favourable rulings from the Comptroller of GST.
Mr. Chai Yee Hoi is a fellow of the Association of Certified Chartered Accountants and a non-practising member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Singapore. He is also a member of the Singapore Association of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators. Mr Chai is heavily involved in complex GST related issues and project management of large scale GST assignments such as GST reviews, advisory and research work on the GST treatment of business transactions. This included restructuring of businesses, setting up branch office in Singapore and dealing with the IRAS on rulingsLESS
No Reviews found for this course.