2-day course on Data Analysis with Excel (also known as Business Analysis with Excel) to help you achieve breakthrough performance in Data Management like never before
About the course
Hidden Secrets of Data Analysis with Excel (also known as Business Analysis with Excel)
Achieve breakthrough performance in Data Management like never before
Do you use Microsoft Excel to process data downloaded from ERP systems like SAP, ACCPAC? How about using power tools in Excel to get answers to the following questions:
- How to reduce the time spent on manual copying and filtering of records?
- How can I apply new and existing formulas in my work?
- What are the short cuts to identify major customers, top products and top salespersons?
Who should attend
Managers and Executives who have to manage, analyse and prepare reports using data downloaded from systems. They must have some basic to intermediate knowledge of Excel i.e. navigate around a worksheet, format cells, auto-filter, sorting, create a simple template and enter simple formulas (e.g. SUM) into the worksheet.
What you’ll learn
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Apply useful built-in functions in Excel to process data and enhance the usefulness of the data.
- Apply the function learnt to consolidate records.
- Acquire skills to analyse the records for operations and reporting purposes.
- Employ new ways of tabulating and managing data.
- Manage The Use of Dates
- MONTH, YEAR, DAY, DATE, COUNTIF, SUBTOTAL, DATEDIF formula, Advanced Auto-Filter Function, Absolute and relative reference
- Quick and Accurate Way to Select Records
- GOTO function
- Building Complex formulas
- MID, SEARCH
- Merging Two Lists into One
- VLOOKUP formula, SUBTOTAL, REPLACE ALL function
- Unleashing The Power of Formulas
- SUMIF Formula, TEXT TO COLUMN Function
- Analyzing Business Data in Double Quick Time
- PIVOT TABLE function
- Making Your Report Update Automatically
- MS Query Function
- Consolidate Data From Multiple Workbooks
- MS Query Function
- Tapping the Power of Pivot Chart
- Recording Macros to Speed Up Repetitive Tasks
” The lesson and pointers provided can be applied in actual situations at work. This helps to save time and enables us to work smart and more efficiently. E.g Formulas/functions that were not obvious to me previously now make a lot of sense, and I can easily sift out unrequired information (using pivot table) to make my tables look more cleaned up and presentable. “
– Adeline Yap
” I have learnt how I can process data obtained from SAP and then filter by contractual year, which may not coincide with calendar year. I have also learnt how to record macros so as to complete mundane tasks. The ‘go to’ function is also handy for formatting blanks in a short time.”
– Rebecca Chen
” Understanding formulas in current spreadsheet to help to troubleshoot if anything happens to existing spreadsheet. Manually checking of errors/duplicates can be skipped. Knowing countifs and sumifs can help me tally data faster. Knowing conditional formatting for better presentation of data – seen colleague done this before “
– Chua Mei Yee
Jason Khoo is the author of the Excel books, “Excel Secrets for Highly Effective Marketers” and “Hidden Secrets of Data Analysis with Excel”. When working in Tibs, M1, 3M and Virgin Mobile, he used Excel as his primary work tool to support the sales and marketing, operations, finance and strategic planning departments in data cleaning, analysis, budgeting, forecasting and business modeling.
In 2001, Jason founded Synergyworks which has helped companies like Discovery Asia, NATAS, The Nelson Company, Timberland, etc develop Excel solutions to simplify their work in data management, operations, analysis and reporting. Subsequently, everydayExcel Business Lab Pte Ltd was founded in 2007 to primarily provide tailor-made applied Excel courses for managers, executives and frequent Excel users. Focusing on problem solving and the dynamic use of Excel formulas and functions, some of these courses include:
- Hidden Secrets in Data Analysis with Excel 2007/2010
- Interactive Dashboard Reporting with Excel 2007/2010
- Learning the Magic of Macros 2007/2010
No Reviews found for this course.