2-day Management and Leadership Skills course for managers to develop the managerial skills set in order to perform at highest level to bring best results to their organizations
About the course
Building effective management skills can help your managers and your organisation succeed even in challenging economic times. Managers can make or break an organisation. Their unique role in the organisation’s success cannot be overlooked; managers have a large influence on employees’ behavior, efforts and performance through the use of effective management skills. Without skilled managers, teams don’t function efficiently, employee morale suffers and productivity drops. Yet many people often find themselves thrust into managerial positions before having the chance to develop the skills and know-how to perform well in the role. This workshop is specially designed to close the skill gap so that the managers can perform at the highest level to bring in the best results for the organisation.
Who should attend
Suitable for people required to develop the managerial skills set in order to perform at the highest level to bring in the best results for the organisation.
What you’ll learn
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Have good clarity on the role and responsibilities as a manager and a leader.
- Explain what is required to be effective in the role.
- Manage themselves as a leader well.
- Manage people well.
- Manage tasks well.
- Manage performance well.
The training will be activity-based and interactive with experiential and accelerated learning. Participants will be engaged for optimal learning and maximum results.
THE MANAGEMENT SKILLS PYRAMID
Level 1: Basic Management Skills
- How to Plan, Organize, Direct and Control effectively.
Level 2: Team Development Skills
- Motivational Concepts, Tools and Techniques.
- Understanding Training, Mentoring, Coaching and Counselling and how to use them to develop the team.
- How to engage staff and help them acquire an ‘Employer’s Mindset”.
- Using effective feedback systems to keep team performance on ‘track’.
Level 3: Personal Development Skills
- Self management
- Identify personal competency gaps and use self-directed learning to close gaps.
- Understand Emotional Intelligence (EQ) to manage and lead better.
- Time management
- The difference between an effective manager and an ineffective one is usually how they manage their time. A manager who cannot manage time cannot manage at all!
Level 4: Leadership
- The difference between management and leadership.
- How to be an effective leader for your team.
- The 5 levels of Leadership.
- Integrating and applying the Management Skills Pyramid to move from managing to leading your team.
Francis Ho graduated from the National University of Singapore with a degree in Accountancy and began his career in the corporate arena, working in various MNCs. In his 18 years of corporate experience, he held various management positions including the Vice President in Citibank and also that of a Corporate Treasurer for a Fortune 500 organisation.
However, fuelled by a deep passion for HRD, Francis decided to step out of his comfort zone and pursed a full time training and development role where he attained a Professional Diploma in Training and Development (PDTD) and Advance Certificate in Training & Assessment (ACTA).
Over the years, Francis has carved out a niche as highly motivated trainer who is able to combine the latest learning technologies and human development techniques into an effective and efficient training design that ensures astounding results and at the same time, engaging participants in fun, exciting and meaningful learning. Francis has conducted numerous strategic leadership training initiatives for clientele such Alstom, Shangri-La Academy, SPH, Tan Tock Seng Hospital, NUS, e2i, DBS, SIA, AIA, Philips, Cycle & Carriage, Daimler, Vantage Automobile, Mediacorp, Fuji Xerox, Fujitec, and SIM, to name to a few.READ MORE
Francis has also successfully trained organisations from various industries such as Bank of China, Great Eastern, Manulife, Standard Chartered Bank, Chio Lim Stone Forest, BDO LLP, Flowserve, Cargo Community Network, Ban Leong, SIS Technologies Pte Ltd and others.
A highly sought after as a training consultant, Francis has been well received in countries such as Singapore, Switzerland, France, Australia, China, Indonesia and Malaysia etc. He has consistently achieved high rating from the participants and has many testimonials and commendations from the both the participants and their organisations. Francis is particularly effective in trainings involving mindset change, paradigm shift and harnessing the power of the subconscious mind. His forte is his ability to communicate complex ideas and concepts in a fun and entertaining way that everyone can understand and relate to. For his success in training, Francis received 3 May Day awards (2009) and was featured on Channel News Asia, Channel 5 & 8 and interviewed in Malay on Suria ChannelLESS
No Reviews found for this course.