About the course
Trainer’s Assimilation Package (TAP) is a 2-day workshop that equips corporate professionals, managers and executives (PME) with the necessary adult learning principles, classroom management skills, and essential facilitation skills to deliver training at the workplace.
TAP adopts hands-on practical skills based approach towards content delivery, facilitation techniques and conduct de-briefing methodology. TAP is specially designed for PME who are tasked with additional or new responsibility to deliver training.
Who should attend
who are required to conduct internal training in the workplace
- Group discussions
- Video recording of mock presentations
- Difference between teaching, facilitating and training
- Different modes of training
- Selecting appropriate training methods
- The learning cycle and experience
- Learning styles: V A K
- Selecting appropriate learning mode and activities
- Tips to check and ensure learners are learning
- The importance of feedback and questioning
- ADDIE Model: Analysis, Design & Delivery, Development, Implement, Evaluate
- Doing needs assessments: ASK gaps
- Importance of post-training analysis
- Setting the stage
- Develop the training /learning objectives
- Design and develop the lesson plan
- Enhance lesson content
- Guidelines to designing course materials
- Researching the audience/learners
- Presentation and communication methods
- Effective body language, voice and articulation
- Speaking, Listening, Asking Questions
- Arousing interest in learners
- Why use audio-visual aids?
- Common training resources
- Audio visual aids: what works, what doesn’t
- Creating presentation slides that serve
- Presentation best practices
- The importance of EQ
- Essentials of good training
- Tips on “thinking on your feet”
- Using anecdotes and theatrical skills
- Steps in overcoming fear
- Essentials of a good trainer
Woon Chet Choon is the Managing Consultant for GroomTalent.com, a leading management training consultancy specializing in strategy and innovation. He works with clients on developing strategic leadership skills including organization development, competency based interviewing and succession planning. His clients include Insead, Sony, Olam, Kone, Avon, Intertek, and Halliburton. He is the curriculum developer and lecturer in Organizational Development (OD) at the Singapore Civil Service College.
In the area of Innovation, Chet Choon was part of the winning Trimsound team in the Creative Industry Xchange (CIX) proof ofREAD MORE
concept competition launched by the National Library Board in 2009. Trimsound is a Bluetooth earphone with revolutionary GroupTalk conference call capability which was presented in the inaugural World Innovation Summit in Barcelona 2009.
Chet Choon holds an MBA from the Richard Ivey School of Business and a Bachelor of Science from the University of Alberta in Electrical Engineering (Distinction). He is a Cambridge-certified Teacher-Trainer and Programme Leader for the Cambridge International Diploma for Teachers and Trainers (CIDTT) and a certified trainer for the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development, the world’s largest Chartered HR and development professional body. Chet Choon was among the pioneer batch of local trainers to be certified in the WSQ Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA), the Singapore Workforce Development Agency’s (WDA) competency-based certification programmes.
Prior to founding GroomTalent, Chet Choon was a senior consultant with Hewitt Associates in Connecticut US and Singapore, where his area of focus was talent management and organizational listening and engagement. At Hewitt Associates, Chet Choon’s key clients include Deutsche Bank, IBM, Johnson and Johnson and DBS.
Chet Choon’s professional hobby is Screenwriting and he has lectured on Creativity and Story development at the Puttnam School of Film at Lasalle, Singapore Polytechnic and Ngee Ann Polytechnic. Chet Choon is the director of Project AMISS (A Made In Singapore Story), a Media Development Authority (MDA) supported initiative which develops local screenwriting content and talent for distribution to overseas producers. Chet Choon is also the author of the Innovation book series Bee Super Creative© with Crissee and SkizzeeLESS
No Reviews found for this course.