2-day course to learn and unleash the power of Powerpivot 2010 for Data Insights for powerful, rapid, highly visual business intelligence reporting.
About the course
Unleash the Power of Powerpivot 2010 for Data Insights
For powerful, rapid, highly visual business intelligence reporting.
Power Pivot is a brand new function introduced in Excel 2010. A powerful function, it is capable of extracting huge amount of data (multi-million records) from multiple sources, SQL Servers, Sharepoint, Excel workbooks, Excel Tables and CSV files. With Excel Power Pivot, companies can now access and mine data directly from their ERP systems and gain invaluable insights into their business performance like never before.
The use of Pivot Table with Power Pivot means users do not have to start from ground zero to learn the functionality of another report writing tool. Users are therefore able to focus their attention on understanding the dynamics of databases and shorten the time spent on generating their reports using Power Pivot.
Who should attend
This course is specially tailored for business managers and executives who are responsible for preparing management reports and are seeking new perspectives to enhance and add value to their presentation. Participants must have attended everydayExcel.’s “Hidden Secrets in Data Analysis with Excel” Course or possess advanced knowledge about Excel. Advanced Excel users are defined as regular users of VLOOKUP worksheet function, complex functions (formulas within formula), Pivot Table, etc.
What you’ll learn
Through the development of a Monthly Performance Report, you will learn how to:
- Establish and connect data from multiple sources such as SQL, SharePoint, Excel workbooks, CSV files and Excel Tables.
- Apply the new DAX formulas in Power Pivot.
- Create Slicers and enhance the report’s interactivity.
- Prepare Impressive charts and tables for reporting.
- Creating an Interactive Title for Management Report
- Importing Data from multiple sources using Excel Power Pivot
- Creating and linking slicers to Power Pivot Table
- Displaying selected Historical Data with Power Pivot
- Using DAX formulas and Measures in Power Pivot
- Creating an interactive line and column chart in Excel
- Auto calculate MTD and YTD Actual and Targets with Power Pivot
- Activating and using the highly interactive Excel Camera
- Automatically display the Top 5 products/customers/categories with Power Pivot
- Using Coloured Bands in charts for benchmarking
- Turning on PowerPivot auto-refresh function
” The pain of formatting data into pivot and transfer to PowerPoint for presentation to management is a big hassle. With PowerPivot, it is possible to provide real time update on the dashboard. The plus point is that it is interactive. “
– Cindy Ng
” Allows me to have an alternative way of plotting charts and presenting data in an interesting way as my job is heavily dependent on charting and reporting of figures. “
– Tan Chew Ling
” 1) linking multiples files without changing format and structure together (time-saving) 2) ease of choosing the variables needed and able to perform calculations within the pivot table make working life easier when I have to update many files”
– Yap Huixiang
Jason Khoo is the author of the Excel books, “Excel Secrets for Highly Effective Marketers” and “Hidden Secrets of Data Analysis with Excel”. When working in Tibs, M1, 3M and Virgin Mobile, he used Excel as his primary work tool to support the sales and marketing, operations, finance and strategic planning departments in data cleaning, analysis, budgeting, forecasting and business modeling.
In 2001, Jason founded Synergyworks which has helped companies like Discovery Asia, NATAS, The Nelson Company, Timberland, etc develop Excel solutions to simplify their work in data management, operations, analysis and reporting. Subsequently, everydayExcel Business Lab Pte Ltd was founded in 2007 to primarily provide tailor-made applied Excel courses for managers, executives and frequent Excel users. Focusing on problem solving and the dynamic use of Excel formulas and functions, some of these courses include:
- Hidden Secrets in Data Analysis with Excel 2007/2010
- Interactive Dashboard Reporting with Excel 2007/2010
- Learning the Magic of Macros 2007/2010
No Reviews found for this course.